By Greg Richards
Why did it take until 100 years after the Civil War, until 1964, to pass a Civil Rights Act? Because the Democratic Party would not take its boot off the neck of the black man until Martin Luther King made the black vote a political force. Dedicated to being in power above all else, the Democrats had to make a U-turn on their race policy in the 1960s and join the Republicans in passing the Civil Rights Act because they realized that after the black vote was counted, they were not going to win any more national elections without it.
But there was a problem. How was the Democratic Party going to overcome its deplorable record on race? It was the party of slavery, segregation, lynching, and the Klan.
What to do now? Get back in front of history with comprehensive rather than palliative welfare — the Great Society. The Democratic Party would become the friend of the black community by giving it things it wasn’t asking for, but were hard to resist.
But there is a big problem with comprehensive welfare: it destroys the role of men in the community and this was disproportionately true of the black community. There is nothing worse than taking away a person’s mission in life, making that person unnecessary and thus unwanted. That is evil. And today we see the results of that evil.
Single mothers can cope, but the family as a force in the community cannot flourish without men as a responsible presence. Without men, there is nobody to show boys how to behave, have someone to look up to and emulate, to set them straight when they go off the path, to show them how to be men. This has been true of every civilization in history.
But over the last 50 years, the Democratic Party wiped out the black family by wiping out the role of black men in order to stay in power. The black family had withstood 250 years of slavery and 100 years of Jim Crow, but was destroyed by 50 years of Liberalism. In 1960, the illegitimacy rate in the black community was 30%. Now it is 78%. And as Star Parker has pointed out, there is nothing unique about blacks. Whites are now where blacks were in 1960 and are on the same path.
What is the result of this devastation? There are now two Americas — Welfare America and Enterprise America.
The Democratic Party is the party of Welfare America and the Republican Party is the part of Enterprise America. Enterprise America is that part of America that is hands-on in its affairs. That does not mean the top managers of big business, which either out of necessity or out of temperament, in many cases cozy up to Big Government. There is also the billionaire effect, where billionaires, unaware of the wellspring of their own success, do not preach what they practice and support Welfare America for reasons of social standing.
Let’s compare the cultural attributes of Enterprise America and Welfare America.
"In God We Trust", 2016, “2016: Obama’s America”, Benghazi, citizenship, Common Core, deception, Dinesh D'Souza, failure, fema-camps, foreign born, freedom, Hillary Clinton, IRS, Keystone Pipeline, militia, NDAA, NSA, obama, One nation under God, police state, survival, tyranny, US Constitution
- First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
- First President to have a social security number belonging to another man, from a state he has never lived in.
- First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
- First President to violate the War Powers Act.
- First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
- First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
- First President to spend a trillion dollars on “shovel-ready” jobs when there was no such thing as “shovel-ready” jobs.* * * *
- First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
- First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
- First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S. including those with criminal convictions.
- First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
- First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.
- First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
- First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.
- First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
- First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
- First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
- First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
- First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
- First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
- First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).
- First President to fire an inspector general of AmeriCorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
- First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
- First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.
- First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 102 to date.
- First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.
- First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
- First President to go on multiple “global apology tours” and concurrent “insult our friends” tours.
- First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayers.
- First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
- First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.* * * *
- First President to fly in a personal trainer from Chicago at least once a week at taxpayer expense.* * * *
- First President to repeat the Holy Quran & tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.
- First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences.”
- Then he was the First President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.* * * *
- First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states (Mexico vs. Arizona).
How is Obama’s “Hope and Change” working out for you?”
I believe Obama should be arrested and impeached for only a few of his “Great Accomplishments.” For being best President in many of his Democratic followers eyes… I feel this Great Nation in being misled in an immorally direction away from what it was originally founded on. I pray for the safety and promising future for our children. I pray our children do not become as greedy, ungrateful, anti-christian and un-patriotic as I see our current leaders leading their lives.
I commend you for reading all of this. And, I hope it has empowered you with knowledge and opened your eyes more.
Daniel S. Hudson
— feeling patriotic.
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Popular approval of Congress has reached an all time low as Americans reel under the vast scope of myriad scandals and lies perpetrated by this Administration. Yes! We have seen corruption before. Yes, we’ve been lied to before. Yes, we’ve even seen huge character flaws in our leaders before, but never … NEVER to the depth and scope to which we’re seeing today.
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Why? What has changed? What has happened to allow or facilitate such widespread corruption?
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Will a building stand if its foundation is compromised?
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Will a traveler reach his destination without first plotting his course & naming his destination?
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Can a nation long survive which has shredded its moral compass and floats aimlessly on sentimentalism?
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Perhaps innocently, perhaps with vile intent, social mores held firm throughout global civilizations over thousands of years, have suddenly (over the past few decades) come into question. GOD was declared dead April 8, 1966, and since that time, little by little, the once universal boundaries of Right & Wrong, have blurred. What was once, not more than generation ago, accepted behavior, has become “Old-fashioned” and “intolerant.”
Funny thing is, GOD is no place defined in our Founding documents, and the early Framers each held different personal beliefs. They intentionally kept all reference to GOD ambiguous so various individual beliefs might be adapted and accepted.
♫ Like a Rock ♫
- The point is CHARACTER.
- The point is GOALS … self-improvement … serving others.
- The point is standing for something bigger than yourself.
The point is growing in personal integrity and service to the community… by choice, rather than by mandate.
- The point … is standing firm on some defined principles that are other aware.
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Without a firm foundation to stand on, the tides of political correctness too easily blow us around until we find ourselves … surrounded by Corruption. Like so many of our political leaders, bought and sold to the highest bidder, we, too, succumb to the popular trends and thoughts, victims of popular opinion.
How did we get here? We allowed it by our own compromise.
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Take a stand for GOODNESS
Take a stand for KINDNESS
Take a stand for TRUTH
Take a stand for COMPASSION
Take a stand for your Neighbor, for the Homeless, for the mentally infirmed … to be personally involved!
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Find something bigger than yourself worth STANDING FOR, worth giving your life’s passion to support, worth working toward and Take a Stand.
“We must stop acting like children.
We must not let deceitful people trick us by their false teachings,
which are like winds that toss us around from place to place.”
Eph 4:14 CEV
♫ Like a Rock ♫
Words and music by Bob Seger
Stood there boldly
Sweatin’ in the sun
Felt like a million
Felt like number one
The height of summer
I’d never felt that strong
Like a rock
I was eighteen
Didn’t have a care
Working for peanuts
Not a dime to spare
But I was lean and
Like a rock
My hands were steady
My eyes were clear and bright
My walk had purpose
My steps were quick and light
And I held firmly
To what I felt was right
Like a rock
Like a rock, I was strong as I could be
Like a rock, nothin’ ever got to me
Like a rock, I was something to see
Like a rock
And I stood arrow straight
Unencumbered by the weight
Of all these hustlers and their schemes
I stood proud, I stood tall
High above it all
I still believed in my dreams
Twenty years now
Where’d they go?
I don’t know
Sit and I wonder sometimes
Where they’ve gone
And sometimes late at night
When I’m bathed in the firelight
The moon comes callin’ a ghostly white
And I recall
I Recall …
Like a rock. standin’ arrow straight
Like a rock, chargin’ from the gate
Like a rock, carryin’ the weight
Like a rock
Like a rock, the sun upon my skin
Like a rock, hard against the wind
Like a rock, I see myself again
Like a rock
Many, but shamefully, not all, Americans are now aware of the many scandals and improprieties performed and embraced by our government. I’ve included a few links to related articles in case anyone wants to read up on any of these things.
- Fast & Furious: FBI agents sold American weapons to known criminals in Mexico with the expressed hope they would be used in America (via our non-existent border), thus serving as ammunition against the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. A positive side-note is the Open Borders which will enormously pad the Democrat voter lists. (i.e the Amnesty Bill currently in session) It worked! Obama’s agenda at work.
- Benghazi: Four Americans murdered by our government as they failed repeated requests for additional security leading up to 9/11/12. While the 9 hr battle occurred, Obama was …undisclosed information…yet rescue forces were readily available, but SOMEONE gave a “Stand Down!” order, and four brave Americans died. NEVER before have Americans left their own to die! NEVER! Obama’s agenda at work!
- IRS Scandal: It is now documented that at least since 2008, the IRS has “targeted” Americans individually and in matters of business based on political bias contrary to … the LAW. And, as was to be expected, upon further investigation, the IRS completely vindicated itself in all matters! Obama’s agenda at work!
- NSA Scandal: It is known now that over the past decade or so, our government, supposedly hired BY the People, FOR the People, and OF the People … has been spying on us in measures far beyond our imaginations. The NSA is making George Orwell into a prophet by mimicking a spooky amount of the goings on in that novel. Obama’s agenda at work!
I’ve about reached my maximum absorption level of manure! So then … now that we have a clear grasp of where this Kenyan is taking our nation, and how he plans to get us there, what are our alternatives? Up to this point in America, our two party system has worked relatively well as a self- correcting agent of the Constitution. This is now void! The Republican Party will soon be dead, unless “life-support” kicks in quickly and the old-school RINOS like McCain – Bless him for his service, but it’s time to retire, sir! – and the disappointing darling, Rubio STOP PANDERING and find the moral high ground of the Republican Party of the 1860’s!
The people of America either do not care, do not understand, or do not believe there is any hope of recovery. The Republic is lost. If we do nothing much longer, it is lost, but in our memories.
My question is … Is the Republic recoverable? Is there hope for a peaceful recovery of our Constitution and the Republic it is supposed to govern? Are there sufficient numbers of morally stalwart men or women willing and able to stand by their honorable Oath? Is there any remnant of our moral fabric left with which to rebuild?
I guess we will soon see …
DESTINY CALLS: WHY DIDN’T YOU STOP ME?
A place in history, of time untolled, Looking through the stars, a stirring they felt, A city on hill, a new world of freedom, Alas, it now seems that some devilish machine Yet, off in the distance, muffled by noise, “Too busy,” you say, to get involved; This ‘self-governing’ people has stopped governing altogether, But the Land of the Free simply will not survive,
A purpose and plan struggled against the mold,
Some strangers from across the sea,
Set out knowing nothing at all of me.
On my distant shores, gratefully they knelt.
A firm foundation, their hearts to heaven soared,
With a twinkle in their eye and a future reward.
A people self-governed, contrary to a kingdom.
That was the plan; that was the dream,
To rule over themselves without selfish scheme.
Has usurped the plan and banished the dream,
No longer this people willing to behave well,
Sold their will and devotion to a vile cartel.
Still Liberty’s voice, it calls with poise,
“Stand up and be counted, all you who’d be free,
The time has come to support and defend me!”
“Too much corruption, and lies, and scandals unresolved!”
Ah, but who allowed that to happen,” Liberty dares to inquire,
“Self-governing was the call, not sit back and retire!”
Stopped trying to improve, stopped reaching higher.
It’s so much easier to just sit and collect a check,
“Leave the heavy lifting to others while I enjoy my new deck!”
If mediocrity and laziness overpower our drive,
To conquer all obstacles, to rise to every challenge,
To grow up, to face up, and stand in the balance!
A place in history, of time untolled,
Looking through the stars, a stirring they felt,
A city on hill, a new world of freedom,
Alas, it now seems that some devilish machine
Yet, off in the distance, muffled by noise,
“Too busy,” you say, to get involved;
This ‘self-governing’ people has stopped governing altogether,
But the Land of the Free simply will not survive,
Inspiration Monday: looking through the stars Hope you don’t mind me dropping back in this week. I do miss the challenge of the “weekly assignment!”
2nd Amendment rights, abuse, bullying, democracy, Divider-in-Chief, gay marriage, infiltrators, islam, Muslim Brotherhood, Occupy Wall St, politial abuse, political correctness, President Obama, racism, Republic, SEIU union members, Special interest group, WE THE PEOPLE
is nothing but MOB RULE!
Or Democracy VS Republic
The fact that we use and accept both the words and the concepts behind “political correctness,” demonstrates our lack of social awareness or lack of courage, one or the other!
AN attitude, word, or behavior is either Right or Wrong based on its merits, not its fashion-ability. This is just one more way that the government manipulates the population to change according to a particular social or political agenda – by declaring acceptable and unacceptable thoughts, behaviors, and ideas. This is not a NEW thing! Historical tyrants of the past instituted their own key words, ideas, and behaviors based of their goals or vision. Hitler introduced the idea of blaming the Jews for the financial difficulties of Germany in the early 1930’s culminating in the ruthless murder of 6 million Jewish people. “Stalin sent millions of people to their deaths, forced defendants at the show trials during his long rule to confess to crimes he himself had committed and inundated Soviet archives with forged and doctored documents.”
How effective is PC as a MOB RULE/THUG tool? Think for minute. Since President Obama was first elected,
- he has done a flip-flop on “Gay marriage,” confusing his own party, and creating yet another rift in the American population by pitting gays (and their liberal acceptors) against the mainstream public who either do not care about the conflict or do not grasp its hidden agenda of control.
- he has fed the flame of racism 100 times over, calling all good Blacks to support him and telling all Blacks who do not support him they betray they own people. Sorry, but we are ONE PEOPLE – ONE AMERICA!!!! He is the Divider-in-Chief!
- he paid SEIU members to orchestrate “OCCUPY Wall St” as a tool to create chaos and further division, blaming “greedy” wealthy bankers for their lack. Ironically, while these protesters blamed the bankers for their greed, they were apparently completely blind to their own greed as they coveted what the bankers had worked for but, of course, the occupiers weren’t willing to work for the same wealth.
- he has elevated devotees of Islam , whose very definition calls for either conversion or death of the infidel, to the prominent positions in the DOJ, DHS, and CIA. There are known operators high up in all of our security departments and intelligence operations. He has surrounded himself with members of the Muslim Brotherhood, further evidenced more recently by his “Sequester gift” of F-16 fighters to Egypt’s MB government. While he makes uber allowances for adherents of Islam to practice their “religion,” the door to followers of Jesus Christ to worship as they wish are closing in rapid number(re: headline photo).
We-the-people are INDIVIDUALS, and as such, we have the propensity for good and evil, and beneficial or harmful attitudes, beliefs, behaviors. The FREE PRESS enabled by our Constitution is supposed to present various events and issues from a variety of positions to help individual citizens educate themselves and decide their personal view. When Political correctness is thrown into the mix, and simultaneously the media becomes a team of journalistic thugs freely twisting and manipulating the “news” for the agenda of the “majority” party, clearly, the people are VICTIMS of POLITICAL ABUSE! It is nothing less than MOB RULE. This is specifically why our FOUNDERS established America as a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, NOT a Democracy! But the KEY to a Republic is the participation of the People! Oooops!
“A community declines when the majority of its citizens become selfish, and under this influence it slowly dismantles all the restraints upon self-indulgence established by manners, customs, beliefs and law: tradition. (See the law of reverse civilization) As each subsequent generation of selfish citizens inherits control of the community, it takes its opportunity to abandon more of the irksome restraints that genius and wisdom had installed. The proponents of this social demolition achieve their irrational purpose by publicly embracing absurdity through slogans while vilifying any who do not support their stance. The purpose of the slogan is to enshrine irrational fears, or fancies, as truth through the use of presumptuous words, so public pronouncement:
- Dissembles the real nature of the claim: example – “FORWARD!“
- Identifies any dissenters as enemies of the truth – “Tolerance” or “COEXIST”, that is People who contradict “FORWARD are blinded by prejudice and moving “backwards.”
- Acts as an excuse for any crimes committed in its name” – “Racists” or “Terrorists”, that is People who contradict this claim are trouble-making bigots, which makes them enemies of the community, if not humanity, and deserving persecution!
- The Freedom of Religion means I, the individual, get to choose whether I live by one of the known religions or none at all, but it is individual choice, not federal mandate.
- Right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness means I, the individual, have the freedom to pursue my dreams, my goals, my ambition as far as my energy and resources may take me. They do NOT guarantee me happiness or unlimited resources.
- Just because I, the individual, am guaranteed the Right to keep and bear arms, doesn’t mean I HAVE to keep or bear arms. It only means I have the freedom to do so, if I wish.
“Now, in the late 1990s, the results of being bourgeois (retaining traditional notions), is being labelled racist, sexist etc. and risk losing your job, your reputation, being jostled in the street, being subject to judicial penalty and death threats. And it is this very extremity of reaction that has won media attention and the name Political Correctness, though the reaction will become even more unpleasant with the next generation.”
America is different than most other nations in that our Constitution claims “Providence,” or “our Creator” as the Source of our Basic Human Rights. These then, are written as the Bill of Rights, which, incidentally, our new CIA Director, John Brennan omitted from the draft Constitution he was sworn into office upon. Odd, don’t you think? That’s like removing the spinal column from a human being! The fact that our Rights issue from God means that the government is not their source, and therefore cannot rightly take them away. Most other nations have the Source of their Law, their human rights, as the head of political power or the seat of government.
While many interchange the words “Democracy” and “Republic,” they are two significant different ideas. “By definition, a republic is a representative form of government that is ruled according to a charter, or constitution, and a democracy is a government that is ruled according to the will of the majority.” Vive la différence!
The Founders were extremely knowledgeable about the issue of democracy and feared a democracy as much as a monarchy. They understood that the only authority that can take away the people’s freedom is their own government, either by being too weak to protect them from external threats (anarchy – chaos) or by becoming too powerful and taking over every aspect of life (tyranny). In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, one may act on his own (as an individual) or through his representatives when he chooses to solve a problem. The people have no obligation to the government; instead, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People.
Many politicians as well as citizens have lost sight of that fact. Instead, we allow the government to dictate what size drink we may buy, our use of baby formula, or cigarettes. We are letting politicians tell us to compromise on our 2nd Amendment Rights to Keep and bear arms to protect the other rights granted us by God. We are bowing to a government dictate for public funded “free” birth control to low income people while they mock our freedom to worship and live morally as we choose.
We are without an anchor in a violent storm with the media and politicians TELLING us what is “acceptable” and what is not. They are BULLYING us, my friends! They are bullying us into giving up our FREEDOM!
Freedom means choice. The liberal left, in their misunderstanding of the Constitution, is determined to restrict and regulate as much of American life as they can. That is not freedom, nor is it security they provide by their invasion into our personal lives. They do not believe the average American is capable of making reasonably intelligent decisions concerning Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I do! Like Sen Feinstein on the 2nd Amendment, they believe they have been given the RIGHT (by election or Divine Right of Kings?) to make decisions FOR us. Rather than applying Constitutional law to facilitate the individual’s life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, they are working toward greater and deeper control of our lives, for our own good, they promise, yet they are not willing to abide by the regulations and restrictions they impose on us.
How much more abuse will it take, my friends? The politically correct attitudes and nuances of today will become the regulations and mandates of tomorrow. Let’s take our place in this noble experiment and require our government to SUPPORT & DEFEND the CONSTITUTION they SWORE to uphold or change it in the prescribed manner! Let’s hold their feet to the fire … journalists, too, and require them to DO their JOB!!! Let’s remind them we understand the Constitution, and we know our place in keeping our leaders accountable!
Where’s Our Line of Minutemen?
Have you heard the sounds of battle in the distance? Have you heard the call to arms? Listen! The cry has sounded to confiscate arms even as it did in 1770’s. But where are the Minutemen? They should be ready! Armed and ready!
“Although the terms militia and minutemen are sometimes used interchangeably today, in the 18th century there was a decided difference between the two. Militia were men in arms formed to protect their towns from foreign invasion and ravages of war. Minutemen were a small hand-picked elite force which were required to be highly mobile and able to assemble quickly. Minutemen were selected from militia muster rolls by their commanding officers. Typically 25 years of age or younger, they were chosen for their enthusiasm, reliability, and physical strength. Usually about one quarter of the militia served as Minutemen, performing additional duties as such. The Minutemen were the first armed militia to arrive or await a battle.”
The “mission” of the Minutemen was evident in their selection. They were the elite, the best trained of all the militia. “Militia were men in arms formed to protect their towns from foreign invasion and ravages of war. Minutemen were a small hand-picked elite force which were required to be highly mobile and able to assemble quickly. Minutemen were selected from militia muster rolls by their commanding officers. Typically 25 years of age or younger, they were chosen for their enthusiasm, reliability, and physical strength. Usually about one quarter of the militia served as Minutemen, performing additional duties as such. The Minutemen were the first armed militia to arrive or await a battle.”
By the time the Revolutionary War began, these Minutemen had several years experience. During the French and Indian War and other local conflicts, these ready-in-a-minute soldiers played a crucial role.
“On the morning of April 19, 1775, Captain John Parker was 46 years old as he stood beside 76 other colonists and opposed 700 British Regulars. At the time he was terminally sick with tuberculosis. His illness forced him to bed early the night before (April 18, 1975). It was around 1:00AM when a messenger arrived informing him that the Regulars were marching to Concord. Parker and his men assembled on the Lexington Green and around 5:30AM three advance companies of British Regulars burst on the scene commanded by Major Pitcairn.
“Many, many times historians have debated how the events unfolded that morning, but several things are indisputable… Parker lined his men in two ranks, a proud stance for freedom challenging the world’s most dominant superpower… and the captain and his brave men weren’t looking for fight that morning, but they weren’t going to back down if one came …and it did.
“Here is the text of Captain John Parker’s actual deposition given several days after the battle:
Lexington, April 25, 1775.
I, John Parker, of lawful age, and commander of the Militia in Lexington, do testify and declare, that on the nineteenth instant, in the morning, about one of the clock, being informed that there were a number of Regular Officers riding up and down the road, stopping and insulting people as they passed the road, and was also informed that a number of Regular Troops were on their march from Boston, in order to take the Province Stores at Concord, ordered our Militia to meet on the common in said Lexington, to consult what to do, and concluded not to be discovered, nor meddle or make with said Regular Troops (if they should approach) unless they should insult us; and upon their sudden approach, I immediately ordered our Militia to disperse and not to fire. Immediately said Troops made their appearance, and rushed furiously, fired upon and killed eight of our party, without receiving any provocation therefor from us.
The Colonies in the 1770’s were ruled by King George III from Britain. All was fine until he started to see the PEOPLE of the Colonies as a source of INCOME. He raised taxes and treatment of the Colonial people declined.
While there were many causes for the war, the events listed here are agreed as the most volatile issues that sparked the flame of Revolt!
- 1765 – Stamp Act Congress – In 1765, 27 delegates from nine colonies met in New York City and drew up a statement of rights and grievances thereby bringing colonies together in opposition to Britain.
- Sons and Daughters of Liberty (1765) – Colonists tried to fight back by imposing non-importation agreements. The Sons of Liberty often took the law into their own hands enforcing these ‘agreements’ by methods such as tar and feathering.
Boston Tea Party – In 1773, a group of colonists disguised as Indians dumped tea overboard from three ships in Boston Harbor.
In the end, the American Revolution grew out of increasing restrictions placed upon the colonies by the British. One interesting side note: It is estimated that only one-third of the colonists were in favor of rebellion. One-third continued to side with the British. The last third were neutral concerning the rebellion and break from Great Britain.
Any of these reasons strike a cord of similarity to where we are today?
The Constitution of the United States has a uniquely defining role in American life. It serves as a sort of “blueprint” for the US government, as the foundation of Law in the US, and as a symbol of the enduring strength of our nation.
Our Constitution defines the basic structure of the government, and determines how the three branches function. The three branches, Executive (president), legislative (Congress), and judicial (Supreme Court) are designed to balance each other, to check the power balance, and to share the responsibility of governing in accordance with their specified duties. It also establishes the separation of power as a watch-guard between these three branches and between the federal and state governments. The Constitution does more than just outline the structure, it sets up a standard against which all other laws are to be judged. Article VI states that the Constitution, together with the other laws and treaties of the United States, “shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby.”
What happens when a renegade President decides
to rewrite the Constitution by going around Congress?
“The Obama Administration is developing a new socialist constitution for America to replace the original Constitution written by our Founders. Every single one of these huge bills being rammed through congress is simply another article of the Obama constitution which allows no amendments by Republicans.
The people need to understand that these huge 1000 to 2000 page bills – the 111 Congress agenda – are all parts of one master blueprint for a new socialist government. The master plan has been split up into different component pieces so that the people won’t notice how they will all fit back together until after they become law.
In a building blueprint for example, you have a page for the foundation, a page for the framework, a page for the plumbing, a page for the electrical system, etc. It doesn’t become a building until all of the drawings and diagrams are built and integrated together.”Read more
We, the People of the United States,
in Order to form a more perfect Union, (improve government)
establish justice, (define a national court system)
insure domestic Tranquility, (maintain order)
provide for the common defense, (defend the country against enemies, both foreign and domestic)
promote the general Welfare, (create a good climate for commerce and industry)
and Secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity …
LIBERTY: Use it or lose it!
“Several reports are coming in of voter fraud by the Democratic Party, particularly in key states such as Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida where in St. Lucie County, the unofficial vote count showed 175,554 registered voters but 247,713 vote cards were cast coming to 141.10% .
At one particular polling place in the same county, they recorded 158.85% voter turnout which turned out to be the highest in the county.”
In the wake of the 2012 General Election, not only were the results of the Presidential race questionable, but many of the other races as well. Reports came from several places with 100% district votes for President Obama … 100%? Why did the Election Commission make no challenges in the light of the many inconsistencies?
Obama Telling Federal Court To Go To Hell!
“Obama appointees who were appointed ILLEGALLY according to a federal court still sit and are still making MANY decisions that will effect all of us.
THE PRESIDENT IS RENOMINATING THESE CANDIDATES FOR THE NLRB! NO CONSITUTIONAL POWER GIVES THESE PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO CONTINUE!
Lou Dobbs says it’s starting to look like the President doesn’t have much regard for that co-equal branches of government stuff or checks and balances.”
President Barack Obama has nominated two of the recess appointees he installed on the National Labor Relations Board last year, setting the stage for a likely battle with Senate Republicans over their confirmations.
The White House said Mr. Obama nominated former Democratic Labor Department official Sharon Block and former Democratic union lawyer Richard Griffin Jr. to the NLRB. In January 2012, Mr. Obama installed them on the board while Congress was on a holiday break in a move that sidestepped the Senate, angered Republicans and led to legal challenges.
“A few days ago, the Blaze reported on the low-key plans of the Obama administration to increase the penalties for certain gun law violations, and add steps to the background checks for legal gun ownership.
Today the administration’s plans are beginning to come into effect. Through an Executive Order, the Obama administration is implementing new restrictions on the sale of certain weapons in border states, and increasing the penalties for violating certain firearms laws.”Read more
Some Americans are aware that President Obama has proposed 23 Executive Orders outlining his objectives for Gun Control. This is nothing less than Constitutional rewrite.
President Obama understands the power of a well-armed citizenry. He knows if there is any hope of achieving his goal – the destruction (or Socialization) of America – he must disarm as many Americans as possible. He also knows actual door to door confiscation is impracticable, but “terrorization” of Americans, playing our emotions with high profile events that fit (or are manufactured to fit) into the prescribed agenda (Aurora, Sandy Hook, and even Gabby Gifford’s near fatal injury,) events used to inspire the voluntary surrender of weapons is well within his skill set even though the evidence refutes is conclusion. He is, after all, a community organizer!
The Second Amendment says:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (emphasis mine)
Seems pretty clear to me. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is self-explanatory to most of us. Apparently, it is only confusing to those with little or no acquaintance with weapons,or with those with little understanding of human nature. It’s natural for people to be afraid of what they don’t know or understand, so a lack of familiarity with weapons produces a superficial fear. The media and the administration feed into that fear with sensationalized – and even fabricated media blitz completely distorting the meaning and intent of the 2nd Amendment. It’s not about safety or the protection of privacy, but about self-defense against tyranny.
“Once again we have Obama and his fellow travelers attempting to interfere with law-abiding citizens and their God-Given rights to self-defense — and their Constitutional Second Amendment rights to own and bear firearms.
Most progressives follow the socialist/communist dictum that individuals in the United States must be disarmed in order to bring about a change in core political ideology. At stake is the promotion of socialism/communism and the defeat of capitalism. Many believe, and rightly so if one follows historical precedent, that gun registration is a prelude to taxation and then confiscation.”READ MORE
CONCLUSION: This is FORWARD? It may mean progress to a few ideologues, people who don’t have to make a living in the REAL world, but America can do better. We blew a very good opportunity to define our future last November, but it’s not too late. Not yet. There is, however, a bullet we must swallow if we are to preserve Liberty, as we have known it:
- we must realize that our gaudy, lascivious lifestyles, as evidenced by the top viewed TV shows and films, must change, and we must learn gratitude.
- We must once again admit that selfishness and self-indulgence, while pleasant in the short term, are not healthy in the long run and learn honest service and sacrifice.
- We must realize that we can enjoy life without abusing it, we can aspire to greatness by fostering humility and honor in our own character and demanding it in those who seek to represent us in government.
In short, we must decide what kind of nation, what kind of people we want to be: greedy and selfish or kind and compassionate. We must choose because they cannot coexist!
If you agree, please share.
“The aggregate happiness of the society,
which is best promoted by the practice of a virtuous policy,
is, or ought to be, the end of all government . . . .”
abortion, clones, conformity, equality, fairness, fear, homosexuality, moral problem, NEUTRAL COLORS, politically correct, poverty in America, sexual orientation, Tolerance, true moral standard, unanimity
A Look at Today’s Political/Social Issues
“The poorest Americans today live a better life
than all but the richest persons a hundred years ago.”
James Q. Wilson, an American academic, political scientist, and an authority on public administration.
In today’s “fairness” political arena, there is a language that has developed. It is a PC language – politically correct. It is a despicable thing, because it limits FREEDOM in the name of “tolerance!” There is a horrible irony in the politically correct language that is supposed to reflect tolerance, it instead is bullying incarnate! It rewards agreement and punishes disagreement! It is defined by whatever position of power exists – and changes with the wind of political change. The sobering thing is that it’s a relatively new development in America. It’s virtually impossible to speak these days without “offending” someone about something, so our response is to remove the object of offense from our language whether it is Christmas, abstinence, or Islam.
We’ve been made afraid. We’ve been made afraid to speak up, to speak our mind on any number of issues we face today, if our opinion differs from those in positions of power. If we do not speak our mind, the argument SEEMS to be solved, but it really just simmers below the surface until the threat is lifted. The abortion argument is a perfect case in point. It never really went away like it was supposed to, it just went “underground” for a time.
We’re supposed to avoid talk of religion and politics, right? Why? Usually, the answer revolves around ruffling someone else’s feathers, upsetting the balance, the quiet, the calm. Right? Religion (or our personal belief system) and politics are our most personal thoughts, feelings, and ideals. We might even call them intimate.
- If I say I am opposed to gay-marriage, it is ASSUMED I hate gays.
- If I say I am opposed to “Obamacare,” it is ASSUMED I am unsympathetic to the needs of the poor.
Neither is accurate. I AM poor, for pete’s sake! But I am also rich! FAMILY makes us rich. FAITH makes us rich. WORK makes us rich. STRUGGLE makes us rich. HARDSHIP makes us rich in compassion. ACHIEVEMENT makes us rich. FAILURE makes us rich. INTEGRITY makes us rich. SELF-RELIANCE makes us rich.
In between the liberal position on the LEFT which is allegedly “fairness,” and their accusation of “hate-mongering” directed at certain people-groups, there is a wide expanse of options.
The REAL issue isn’t “fairness” or “equality,”
but the issue is unanimity, conformity, the making of clones!
Think about it.
- If you have a home you wish to sell, one of the first things a Realtor will tell you is … NEUTRAL COLORS, right? Whites, creams, beiges … nondescript colors with occasional “splashes” of color. CONFORM!
- The same applies to autos. If you look at the cars on the road, most are white, gold, silver … no color. CONFORM!
- More seriously, in spite of educational research, curricula is designed to “fit” only a small percentage of our students. Teachers are taught how to present materiel and then assess the student’s grasp of it by narrow questions with specific answers. No critical thought, no independent thought is encouraged. If a student offers an idea, a response different than the one asked for, it is wrong. Sometimes it is word-specific, so that even if a different WORD is used than the one issued, it is wrong. CONFORM!
We are told Religion is fine, but only within certain perimeters.
- California Couple Fined $300 for Holding Home Bible Studies CONFORM!
- Man behind anti-Muslim film gets 1 year in prison: no trial, no defense attorney CONFORM!
- Arizona Pastor Arrested, Jailed for Holding Bible Study in Home; His Wife Says It ‘Defies Logic CONFORM!
- Today is Stand with Hobby Lobby Day CONFORM!
Fifty years ago, all children were given the tools necessary to mature into responsible, productive citizens. Children with hearing or vision impairment were put into “special” schools where they were given tools to enable them to co-exist in society. Blind children were taught Braille and perhaps the use of a cane or aid-dog. Deaf children were taught sign language and often, lip-reading. Children with other different learning disabilities or mental illness were also given skills to help them be self-sufficient. That was the goal: self-sufficiency. This was the goal for ALL schools and students, to become responsible, productive citizens.
What are the goals today? We have children even graduating from the most prestigious universities with no literacy in world or American history, with sketchy reading skills, and most importantly, with little or no ability to THINK for themselves. Percent of high school graduates who can’t read in 2012 is 19%!!! But they are encouraged to participate in the “Occupy” movement! They are taught a “state ideology” (generally, Secular Humanism, which translates politically into Socialism) from Preschool through any ivy league school you choose while simultaneously, they are taught that “independent thought” is bad. But the goal is … exactly what? When 44% of college freshman don’t make it to graduation, what does that say? With a population gravitating toward government handouts instead of jobs and the benefits inherent in work, with schools that look more like high security prisons, and with a culture that is learning to FEAR freedom, what is the goal of education, of government “social justice” programs, of unanimity?
To encourage able-bodied Americans to become unwittingly enslaved to a system that encourages deeper dependence on government programs rather than encouraging independence is outrageous! THIS is a “unanimity” problem. If I can’t afford what my neighbors have, it’s “not fair! This becomes a moral problem AND a fiscal problem.
Unanimity (conformity) is NOT liberty!
- Homosexual lifestyle is now introduced to children of kindergarten age. Instead of working on academic skills, pre-reading skills, early math skills, teachers are mandated to talk about “sexual orientation” with children too young to have ever had a sexual thought! This is NOT responsible education!
In reference to gay marriage, the Bible clearly opposes homosexuality. The fact that it is ISSUE is indication that homosexuality is NOT the norm. (Gal 5: 16-21; Genesis 19:1-13) Now, here’s the rub. We, as Christians, are COMMANDED to LOVE one another, not just those with whom we agree.
We often hear the phrase, “Hate the sin, but love the sinner!” Sadly, most Americans, believers or not, have not learned how to separate a lifestyle from a person. Matthew 7 has some very specific instruction, though, for how we should interact with one another. There is NO HATE directed at the person, only any “unholy” behavior, but is homosexuality worse than gossip? or adultery? or gluttony? Perhaps harder to conquer, but sin is sin. It is NOT for us to judge, but to love! Period!
- The same applies to the poor. I believe free handouts to the poor do not serve them in any way. Jesus declared, “For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good; but Me you do not have always.” (Mt 26: 11; Jn 12: 8; Mk 14:7) There will always be some people that are unable due to physical or mental challenges to maintain a job. This does not necessarily mean there isn’t something they can do to help on occasion. Our self worth as humans is determined, built, or maintained by our ability to contribute to a family, a community, or a specific situation. WORK is not an evil thing. It is a beneficial thing for humans. The Bible teaches the individual believer to share, John (the Baptist) said, Luke 3: 11-14
“11 If you have two shirts, share with the person who does not have one. If you have food, share that also.”
12 Even tax collectors came to John to be baptized. They said to him, “Teacher, what should we do?”
13 John said to them, “Don’t take more taxes from people than you have been ordered to take.
14 The soldiers asked John, “What about us? What should we do?”
John said to them, “Don’t force people to give you money, and don’t lie about them. Be satisfied with the pay you get.”
No place in there do we see anything about government or mandates. It is not government’s job or responsibility to oversee charitable donations of substance or time & talent. “For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.” (2 Thes 3:10)
- Which brings me, finally, to abortion-on-demand as paid for by public funds via Federally sponsored programs including, but not limited to Planned Parenthood. It’s OUTRAGEOUS! It has been for 40 years since the decision was rendered that was supposed to silence the opposition! Clearly, it hasn’t as over 500,000 Americans gathered in DC for the 40th Anniversary March on one of the coldest days this winter. The President’s HHS mandate has stirred up more anguish and dissension than ever. Nothing is settled because, as reminded by the Founders, any law that is not in agreement with the “Law of Nature and Nature’s God” will not stand by virtue of the very definition of Natural Law.
No one is debating the instances of rape, incest, or medical emergency. Those are NOT the procedures in debate! As a Conservative, the promiscuity that has taken over our culture via the media blitz is maddening. Our young people can’t get away from the images and ideas of sex, even if they are inclined to try to avoid them. The tools that COULD be used to bring about so much positive change are misused by those wielding liberal, unhealthy ideas of sexuality and relationship, among other things.
CONCLUSION: Though we’re not crazy, we can, as wise humans, recognize the benefits of hardship, if we trust God. We know that God uses everything that happens (there are no accidents) for our benefit but also for the benefit of others around us. We are promised “tribulations!” (Rom 8:28)
We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— 10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
2 Corinthians 4:8-10
If the CHURCH (the organized institution of all Christian & Catholic congregations) was doing its job correctly, there wouldn’t be the need for any government programs to tend the needs of the poor. Even so, the job of helping those in need falls on We-the-People, the neighbors, the community … NOT the Federal government via need-oriented programs like food stamps, welfare, and medicaid! EVERYONE has something they can contribute, some talent to share, some richness to give no matter how old or young, how rich or poor, how strong or weak. Allowing each person to contribute, allows each one the blessing of giving, as well as receiving. Though it may not always FEEL like it, work and even hardship are beneficial to our human condition!
While political correctness has made huge changes within our society, we can still – that’s WE-the-PEOPLE – can still turn our great ship of state toward a more humane greatness simply with a restoration of a solid moral code that resists PC language. Political correctness comes and goes, but true moral standards stand against the tides of political debate.
“Do you have a BRAIN?
Yes? Then THINK your way out of your mess!”
There is help available, but it’s the responsibility of each individual to grow and become responsible, productive, self-reliant, and contributing Americans!