ARMED GOVERNMENT, Benghazi, Book of Daniel, courage, DHS, Federal Government overreaches, freedom of religion, Freedom of Speech, freedom of the press, IRS, KEY STRATEGY, NSA
A Time For Courage
by Rick Joyner
As the revelations of the last few weeks now make abundantly clear, our freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and our freedom of religion may have never been in greater jeopardy than they are right now. The remainder of this year will likely determine whether we will remain a free people or succumb to a terrible tyranny.
The scandals around Benghazi, the attacks on the press, and the IRS being used to target political enemies are some of the most shocking Federal Government overreaches in our history. Now we find these are only “the tip of the iceberg” of the assault on our freedoms and our basic privacy.
The revelation that the NSA has the capacity to monitor and store all phone calls, emails, text messages, social network posts, virtually all communications in America, and very soon the world, is so shocking that it is hard for many to believe. Already the power of our Federal Government to impose totalitarian control over its people is the greatest in history. The Administration maintains that their intentions are noble, regardless of the growing mountain of evidence to the contrary. Only the most naïve or ignorant believe that. Even if their motive is for security reasons, is that not the argument every other totalitarian regime in history used to gain control? Even if this Administration’s intent is noble, what about those Administrations which follow?
All of these revelations and scandals are far beyond anything we have ever witnessed. They are coming at us so fast that people may go numb and just shut down. In the Book of Daniel, the devil’s strategy is to attempt to “wear out the saints,” and this has always been an effective strategy. However, now is not the time to shut down and throw up our hands declaring that this is too much to process. Everything we hold dear as Americans, our most basic liberties, are in serious jeopardy. It is time for courage and our most resolute determination that this is not going to happen on our watch, and that we will never give up. It is not too late.
The Three Important Questions
There are three crucial questions to ask in any crisis: What is happening? What is not happening? What can I do about it? These were first stated by the U.S. Army Colonel made famous in the book and movie We Were Soldiers. In the first U.S. Army battle against a regular North Vietnamese Army, Colonel Moore used these questions to lead his force through what looked like impossible odds to ultimate victory. It was then adapted for the U.S. Army Manual as a commander’s basis for evaluating a crisis. We will use it here.
What is Happening?
- The Federal Government has built an unprecedented apparatus for monitoring its own citizens that is virtually total.
- The IRS was used extensively to harass and silence the political opposition of the Obama Administration.
- Evidence is surfacing that the DOJ, EPA, and other agencies were used for the same purpose.
- The Administration has illegally seized the communications of journalists who were probing the Administration’s activities.
- The level of the Administration’s lies and attempts to cover up what happened at Benghazi makes it clear that something extremely important is being hidden from the American people.
What is Not Happening?
- The Democratic Party has not awakened to how much its future is in jeopardy by what is unfolding. Its legacy could forever be destroyed by the level of overreach, scandal, and incompetence now surfacing in the Obama Administration. Democratic Party leaders and members continue to defend these indefensible actions as if they are already controlled by information of threats against them.
- The news media remains asleep, blind, or neutralized so that it is only tepidly covering what is shaping up to possibly be the biggest issues of our lifetime. As this is the biggest threat to the freedom of the press, more people are wondering if that freedom has not already been lost.
- With but a few exceptions, the Republican leadership in Congress is failing to demonstrate the kind of courage, resolve, and wisdom to lead us through this crisis that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.
- The majority of the American people are not waking up, but they are starting to stir.
- More people are becoming deeply alarmed, but they are not hearing a clear trumpet call to know how or where to rally.
What Can We Do About It?
- We must each resolve that regardless of the personal consequences, we will seek to know the truth, and we will stand for truth without compromise.
- An eagle needs a left wing and a right wing to fly. The issues now facing us are bigger than many of the liberal and conservative issues we’ve been fighting over. Though we must never compromise our convictions, we must learn to fight together as Americans when facing these ultimate issues of our basic freedom.
- The unprecedented Federal overreach is, at least to a degree, the result of the States abdicating their rights under the Constitution to the Federal Government. Leadership at the State level, especially Governors and State Attorney Generals, could be the most important positions in the unfolding battle for our freedom.
- Blog, write, and speak every chance you get. Blogging has now surpassed the traditional media as the source of information for most Americans. Social Media is now more powerful in shaping public opinion than traditional media. Use it! Don’t worry about who is monitoring it—preach to them too!
- Get engaged. Go to town hall meetings. Write to your elected officials often. Run for office. Work in campaigns. Donate time, money, and other resources. If we don’t give it freely now, it will be taken from us soon.
- Don’t stop because we don’t seem to have quality leaders at this time—we have the greatest leader of all—King Jesus. He is the Truth, and all who love Truth will follow Him, regardless of the consequences, regardless of whether anyone else joins us.
- We must live by faith, not by fear. When the odds seem impossible is the time when the greatest leaders have arisen and the greatest miracles have been done. This is our time, and we must resolve that we will never, ever retreat or give up.
It’s understandable that Congress does not want to sound too shrill or too reactionary, but to proceed in a sound and systematic way in the face of these serious issues. However, Congress has limited power to investigate and has proven willing to abdicate that power and cave in to Administration pressure or intransigence. Trust in the Government and our leadership will continue to erode if reputable independent prosecutors need to be appointed for each of the major issues addressed above.
…..Please read more HERE