BLOGGER’S NOTE: All too sadly, a significant segment of the American people cling vehemently to their supposed “Hope & Change.” Some are uncertain enough to be reached by facts, but still many, in spite of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, believe President Obama has accomplished, is accomplishing, or will accomplish something worthwhile if allowed to “finish what he started.” If I have the opportunity to ask what that might be, I have yet to receive an answer of substance. Most, I fear, simply do not get it. Jobs are not created by raising taxes on the job creators or by Presidential picks for bailouts(with tax dollars.) Healthcare cannot be “fairly” mandated upon those who cannot afford it in the first place – it is NOT a human right guaranteed by God or the Constitution (Emergency rooms treat ANYONE.) To say (and believe) “You didn’t build that!” is to denounce hard work, creativity, and perseverance and replace them with a disrespect for personal property, personal achievement, and personal dreams! I hesitate to imply stupidity, but instead assume it is naiveté. If any of these individuals stumble upon this article, please identify the redeeming accomplishment(s) from the list below, or add your own. This is asked out of genuine curiosity – not mockery!
By Dr. Robert R. Owens via Patriot Post
Ronald Reagan taught us, “How do you tell a communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.“
Barack Obama’s mentor as a young man was communist party member Frank Marshall Davis. As a community organizer he was a follower and promoter of the communist fellow-traveler Saul Alinsky’s methods and goals. As a professional in Hyde Park he associated with socialist radicals such as Bill Ayers. As an up-and-coming Chicago Politician he attended the church of Reverend Jeremiah Wright, an outspoken proponent of the socialist Black Liberation Theology. As president he appointed communist Van Jones to be one of his many Czars. Mr. Obama says he is not a socialist. However, simple logic tells us if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck you can be relatively certain it’s a duck.
Mr. Obama has told us that he seeks to be a transformational president like his idol FDR. He was bold enough to tell us just days before the election in 2008 that he would fundamentally transform America. In just one term he has accomplished much along the way to changing us from what we have always been into what the Progressives have always wanted us to be.
How has Barak Obama transformed us? Into what is he transforming us? A look at his impressive list of firsts as president of these United States points in the direction he is herding us (lists of Mr. Obama’s firsts are found numerous places):
- First President to have a Social Security number from a state where he has never lived
- First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States
- First President to violate the War Powers Act
- First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
- First President to require that all Americans purchase a product from a third party as a condition of citizenship (Obamacare)
- First President to spend a trillion dollars on shovel-ready jobs and then joke that shovel ready wasn’t quite as shovel ready as he thought
- First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters
- First President to by-pass Congress and implement laws such as the Dream Act and Cap-n-Trade through executive fiat
- First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees
- First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (GM) to resign
- First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space
- First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation
- First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present
- First President to send the families of fallen service members a form letter signed with an auto-pen
- First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it (DOMA)
- First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases
- First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory
- First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN)
- First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal)
- First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-Corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case
- First President to appoint 45 czars to his office
- First President to golf more than 100 times separate times in his first three and a half years in office
- First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records
- First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing to earn it
- First President to go on multiple global “apology tours” and concurrent “insult our friends” tours
- First President to go on 16 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayer
- First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife
- First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense
- First President to publicly read from the Quran & tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth
- First President to recite the Muslim call to prayer in perfect Arabic
- First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance
- First President to side with a foreign nation over one of America’s 50 states (Mexico vs. Arizona)
Mr. Obama is leading us from being the first among nations to being just another vote in the United Nations. Now there’s a level playing field for you. And now it’s time for another election, some say our most important, some say perhaps our last.
In many ways this election cycle is refreshing. For generations the Progressives have pretended to be something they are not to win elections. They have pretended to be dedicated to the American dream of personal liberty, economic freedom and the belief that America was different from other nations, that as the world’s first and most enduring modern experiment in a republic based on limited government we were exceptional. Although the policies of the Progressives have always been at odds with this assumed identity at least every election cycle they would tip their hat to the America of our fathers and portray themselves as a Thomas Jefferson or an Andrew Jackson.
…….. READ MORE