“I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you [America],
that I have set before you life and death,
blessing and cursing;
therefore choose life,
that both you and your descendants may live;”
Deut 30:19 NKJV (“America” applied by BBB)
The choice we, as Americans, have before us is really this simple. It is the age old choice between LIFE and DEATH. It is much bigger than abortion rights, but is contained in the issue of abortion just like it is contained in how the US faces Islam, or how the US deals with its current debt & deficit crises.
An individual who consistently supports LIFE, by a genuine respect and wonder for LIFE, will seek out opportunities to build life, to improve the overall long-term quality of life, and see each and every life as valuable as the next and display this in every facet of personal life.
On the contrary, an individual who has no genuine respect for LIFE, who believes some people deserve to live while others do not, who believes certain mental or physical deficiencies may disqualify an individual from the right to life will make specific distinctions between people, between groups of people usually for no reason other than to promote self.
I put before you the imperfect choice in this election contain this very choice:
LIFE vs DEATH.
- On January 22, 2011, the 38th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion on demand, President Obama issued an official statement heralding Roe as an affirmation of “reproductive freedom,” and pledging, “I am committed to protecting this constitutional right.”
- Mitt Romney’s conversion to the pro-life position should be something celebrated, not something viewed with scorn or skepticism among pro-life advocates. The goal of the pro-life movement is to get all elected officials to support protective laws for unborn children. In the future, what politician would want to come to our side if we’re going to constantly question their authenticity? President Reagan never faced the same scrutiny.
But if you think about how each of these men deals with and talks about LIFE, their views on the other major issues facing our nation become painfully clear.
- Because President Obama does not value LIFE as the ultimate gift of God, even in its most basic choice, he does not comprehend human dignity and the correlation between WORK and HUMAN VALUE. This is how he can freely take from the productive half of the population and give it to the non-productive half with no strings, no work element, no pay-backs.
- On the contrary, Mitt Romney, because of his innate respect for the value of life, made a career of rescuing failing businesses. In spite of the ads to the contrary, Romney chose FAILING endeavors, like the 2002 Olympics – sinking ships – and called into play all of her resources, both public and private, in his attempts to rescue them. He was not always successful, but more often than not, he was able to turn the sinking ships around and make of them profitable organizations. And, yes, he reaped a profit.
- Personal freedom, as our Founders decreed in all of the Founding documents, issues from Providence, from God. Romney and Ryan both whole-heartedly believe this.
- President Obama and the Democratic leadership believe freedom is a collective goal, rather than personal, and is obtained by government control of all relevant variables.
- “Under Obamacare, an even playing field doesn’t exist for businesses. And President Obama must have recognized that, because he ordered his Health and Human Services Secretary to provide waivers from the healthcare overhaul. Unions, universities and restaurants in Nancy Pelosi?s district received waivers so that they didn?t have to comply with the law.”
- Mitt Romney‘s view of the Constitution is straightforward: its words have meaning. The founding generation adopted a written constitution for a reason. They intended to limit the powers of government according to enduring principles.
Mitt Romney, like most people of faith, understands the personal mandate of faith for believers to help the poor. Last January, the personal numbers were released for both President Obama and Romney concerning their personal charitable donations.
- In the current Presidential election, President Obama is running as Democrat, but operating very closely to a monarch or king, ruling over a people and believing he knows best how to take care of us.
- On the other side is Mitt Romney. While not a true Conservative (as defined below,) he is seriously more conservative than President Obama, and supports the individual’s right to choose how to live and solve problems.
There are other issues concerning America and the American people, but i’ll leave your application to you. The bottom line remains, the choice before us is LIFE vs DEATH. What will be the future of America?
- LIBERALS – believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need.
Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.
- CONSERVATIVES – believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.
Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.
ANY QUESTIONS? ASK!
Life or Death?
Pingback: Blogsense-By-Barb | Grumpy Opinions
Agreed, and love the image accompanying.
“I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. ” Robert Frost
My favorite poem.
Clear choice, for sure! (I love Frost, too!)
Pingback: “Laws of Nature and Nature’s God” « blogsense-by-barb
Pingback: Very Inspiring Blogger Award | Citizen Tom