One the the great puzzles of this political season revolves around the still large numbers of Americans who believe Obama deserves another 4 years to finish what he has started. Clearly, he has been largely successful is accomplishing his agenda, and this incorporates one of the arguments I hold against Romney. Romney has said a number of times he thinks Obama is simply “over his head” and doesn’t know how to fix what is broken in the economy. Obama’s own words, however, dispute this.
- Previewing Obama’s 2013 budget: Politics rule It’s been over 1000 days since the Obama administration put forth a budget plan. Now, roughly 8 months before the 2012 election, he’s talking budget? And still he persists in growing the government … Is there no limit?
- Once anti-Iraq war, Obama hails its terrible results First he fights our participation in Iraq, then he assumes credit for its successes while blaming … others for the failures. In his official remarks about the end of the U.S. occupation of Iraq, President Barack Obama told an assembly of troops:
“The war in Iraq will soon belong to history. Your service belongs to the ages. Never forget that you are part of an unbroken line of heroes spanning two centuries — from the colonists who overthrew an empire, to your grandparents and parents who faced down fascism and communism, to you — men and women who fought for the same principles in Fallujah and Kandahar, and delivered justice to those who attacked us on 9/11.”
You’d never know that a signature of Obama’s 2008 campaign was his assertion that the invasion and occupation of Iraq was a terrible mistake. This was the main way he sought to distinguish himself as a candidate from his rival, Hillary Clinton, who had voted to authorize George W. Bush to use force against the Iraqi people on the thinnest of pretexts.
- Even NBC News Slams Obama Over Keystone, Calls Campaign ‘Stupid Olympics’
“…Keystone…the President killed the permitting for Keystone. And I’m just wondering wouldn’t this be a good issue for him to reach out to the middle? Am I wrong about that?
“No! The campaign this year is like the stupid olympics! Obama just made a very big mistake. At a time when we have 9% unemployment. The one most important consideration in any political descison is jobs. And whether there are 25,000 jobs or 220,000 thousand jobs involved in the Keystone pipeline, you go with it!”
- New Lawbreaking Allegation: Obama Illegally Pushes Green Agenda with China“And we can see the positive impacts right here at Solyndra. Less than a year ago, we were standing on what was an empty lot. But through the Recovery Act, this company received a loan to expand its operations. This new factory is the result of those loans.” Barack Obama Now, after a $535 billion dollar handout of OUR tax dollars, Solyndra is dead – bankrupt, AND now the employees have been given severance packages that are outrageous!
- SAMUEL L. JACKSON: ‘I VOTED FOR BARACK BECAUSE HE WAS BLACK’ Samuel L. Jackson only voted for President Barack Obama because of the color of his skin, the Hollywood actor revealed in a profanity-laced interview in the March issue of Ebony magazine.
“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,” Jackson said. “That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean sh-t to me. In the end, he’s a politician. I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do. READ MORE PLEASE
- THE CATHOLIC BISHOPS V. OBAMA? PRESIDENT OBAMA AND JUSTICE GINSBURG ON AMERICA’S ‘RATHER OLD CONSTITUTION’ Obama expressed frustration at his inability to be the “transformational political figure” Americans elected. The “change agent” lamented that this was the fault of the American Founders—who Obama refers to as “men of property and wealth”—and their Constitution. Obama told Lauer:
What’s frustrated people is that I have not been able to force Congress to implement every aspect of what I said in 2008. Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes. But what I have been able to do is move in the right direction. And what I’m going to keep on doing is plot away, very persistent.
- House memo: Entire Fast and Furious mission was a failure “The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has acknowledged that guns were allowed into the hands of Mexican criminals for more than a year in the hope of catching “big fish.”
The memorandum from staffers with the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform says the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration were investigating a drug-trafficking organization and had identified cartel associates a year before the ATF even learned who they were. At some point before the ATF’s Fast and Furious investigation progressed — congressional investigators don’t know when — the cartel members became FBI informants.”
And Agent Brian Terry paid for this fiasco with his life!
Ah, that old Constitution again.
Obama is quite correct. His primary obstacle is the Founders’ system of separation of powers and checks and balances. His problem is a Congress and Supreme Court that is empowered to say, “No, Mr. President, that isn’t constitutional. You can’t do that in America.” READ MORE HERE
Why Do Americans Continue to Give Obama a Pass?
By Liz Peek
Despite pitiful job creation, a lurching and disappointing recovery, recurring confrontations with Israel, paralysis on immigration, despair over Afghanistan, a worsening fiscal outlook, an expensive stalemate in Libya, a dysfunctional relationship with Congress (including his own party) and a world view that is patently at odds with mainstream Americans – Obama continues to enjoy positive approval ratings. As of last week, according to Gallup, more than half of American voters thinks the president is doing a good job.
By what measure? Because he pushed through a still-unpopular health care initiative that spends money we don’t have and that manifestly did not cure our out-of-control healthcare outlays? Because he speaks well? Because he’s tall?
My 10 Best Reasons Why Some Still Support Obama
So … What is it that attracts voters to this man who despises the entire concept of America?
Is it his desire to …
1. rewrite the Constitution?
2. redistribute America’s wealth – tax the successful and give to the non-working?
3. continue to grow the government until the economy totally collapses?
4. “unite the American people?”
5. throw open the borders and discard all that is “American” to join the global community?
6. subsidize selected private enterprises at the expense of other private enterprises that don’t fit his agenda?
7. enslave the poor by closing the self-improvement doors completely?
8. assume power of our life decisions because he (and his administration) know better than we do what’s best for us?
9. train up our children in the way he wants them to go?
10. remove all traces of God from American life?