By JON GAMBRELL and NJADVARA MUSA Associated Press
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria January 7, 2012 (AP)
A radical Muslim sect attacked a church worship service in Nigeria’s northeast during assaults that killed at least 15 people, authorities said Saturday, as Christians vowed to defend themselves from the group’s widening sectarian fight against the country’s government.
The attacks by the sect known as Boko Haram came after it promised to kill Christians living in Nigeria’s largely Muslim north, exploiting long-standing religious and ethnic tensions in the nation of more than 160 million people. The pledge by the leader of an umbrella organization called the Christian Association of Nigeria now raises the possibility of retaliatory violence.
In the last few days alone, Boko Haram has killed at least 44 people, despite the oil-rich nation’s president declaring a state of emergency in regions hit by the sect.
Speaking Saturday to journalists, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, president of the Christian Association of Nigeria, vowed the group’s members would adequately protect themselves from the sect. He declined to offer specifics, raising concerns about retaliation…READ MORE
Working with Barney Frank??? Really? George Soros??? Really???
from Wikipedia YOU DECIDE!
- “Since 1979, he has been elected to ten terms in the House of Representatives, separated by a hiatus of 12 years, during which Paul returned to his medical practice, and he filled a vacated seat for most of 1976.” He is part of the problem! He’s been in Washington since 1979, my friends! He’s had plenty of time to work FOR America, but like so many “lifers,” he has fallen prey to
- During his first term, Paul initiated a “think tank”, the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education (FREE). “Also in 1976, the foundation began publication of the first monthly newsletter associated with Paul, Dr. Ron Paul’s Freedom Report (or Special Report). It also publishes radio advertisements, monographs, books, and (since 1997) a new series of the monthly newsletter, Ron Paul’s Freedom Report, which promote the principles of limited government.”
We have learned that these journals are filed with prejudicial and anti-Semitic thoughts. While Ron Paul denies agreement with these sentiments, he either
1. is lying, and agrees whole-heartedly, or
2. Put his name and reputation irresponsibly on policy and practice that did not represent his stand – for years!
- Ron Paul Sustainable Defense Task Force George Soros-connected. “He co-chaired a committee with Barney Frank. I’m looking for the information. Here it is. Co chaired with Barney Frank in 2010 and he was he had to put a committee together of 14 different people. He and Barney Frank put a committee together. I believe it was eleven of them were directly George Soros people. Now, I look at Ron Paul and I say, “Well, wait a minute. How did Ron Paul miss the George Soros connection?” How did a guy who is, as this article that I read this morning said, you know, many people that support Ron Paul can find a conspiracy in a glass of water. How can you miss eleven out of fourteen people being directly connected to George Soros and having his defense plan, the George Soros defense plan being the thing that he says, yeah, we’re going to we’re going to have these guys look into the military of tomorrow. That doesn’t sound healthy.“
- Then there are Paul’s supporters! Oy vey! It’s nice to be enthusiastic and passionate about a ideal or person, but … many of these supporters are just plain RUDE! Yet his response is to laugh and cajole them into a frenzy, often at the expense of the other candidates. Is this his idea of “freedom?” Liberty, unchecked by virtue, is anarchy!
As I’ve said in previous posts, the character of a man (or woman) declares more loudly than anything else exactly who they are. The closer I look at Ron Paul, the more questions arise. I agree with him on several issues, but, bottom line, I do not trust him or his alliances. He allows his fans and supporters to be rude, immature and obnoxious, and, in fact, makes some pretty outlandish remarks himself. Is this the character of a man we WANT in the White House? We have a shady character now. We’ve had shady characters before and it never worked out well. Might we learn from that? However, if Paul manages to gain the Republican nomination, I will cast my vote for him to oust Obama! Just sayin …
Photo from Hoarded Ordinaries
A Brief History of the U.S. Navy Jack: In the fall of 1775, as the first ships of the Continental Navy readied in the Delaware River, Commodore Esek Hopkins issued a set of fleet signals. Among these signals was an instruction directing his vessels to fly a striped Jack and Ensign at their proper places. The custom of the jack-type flag had originated with the Royal Navy in the 15th century or earlier; such was the likely source of Hopkins’ inspiration. This first U.S. Navy Jack has traditionally been shown as consisting of 13 horizontal alternating red and white stripes with a superimposed rattlesnake and the motto “Don’t Tread on Me.” The rattlesnake had long been a symbol of resistance to British repressive acts in Colonial America; its display on the new jack of the fledging Continental Navy fit naturally with the fervor of the times. According to Dr. Whitney Smith of the Flag Research Center, the traditional design of the First Navy Jack has never been accurately determined. Historians inferred the design from Hopkins’ message and a color plate depicting a slightly different “Don’t Tread Upon Me” flag used as a Navy Ensign in Admiral George Henry Preble’s 1880 book, History of the Flag of the United States. Historians’ widely copied Preble’s rare color plate, thus providing the probable source of the traditional design of the First Navy Jack.” READ MORE
DON’T TREAD ON ME
I don’t know about you all, but I’m not hearing much out of the Romney camp these days, and … IT IS NOT A WISE MOVE!!!!! There is the potential for a monstrous sweep this election cycle. Passion is running high for smaller, more frugal government, the imposition of term limits, and of course, JOBS!
Listen please, those responsible for running the Romney campaign. You do not want to allow the fires o passion to burn out. Please, take advantage of the passion of the people, and use it to fuel the huge sweep needed to get America back to her honorable roots.
and just or fun, en français:
(Veuillez écouter ceux qui sont responsables de la campagne de Romney en cours d’exécution. Vous ne souhaitez pas permettre à la passion de o des feux brûler. S’il vous plaît profiter de la passion du peuple et l’utiliser pour alimenter le balayage énorme besoin de revenir de l’Amérique à ses racines honorables.)
My friends, most of us agree that Romney is NOT the ideal candidate. Most of us would have preferred a much more conservative representative. This, however, is what we have to work with after the course of the duly established process. We have a choice between President Obama and Gov. Romney. To choose neither is irresponsible. We are grown ups, or at least that’s what our VOTER ID says. The object then, is to select the BEST of those choices offered. It will accomplish NOTHING good to throw a tantrum and demand another option. We can still lobby or a strong conservative VP choice to strengthen the ticket and better represent the American people. My personal favorite is Bobby Jindal.
The bottom line is, how important is it to you that we REMOVE OBAMA from the White House? A non-vote = 1 vote or Obama almost as strongly as one cast or him. Though not the best commentary on our Representative government, I have rarely voted FOR my choice, but usually AGAINST the opposition. That is what I will do this year as well. BUT THEN … We-the-People must work to raise up better choices, better local candidates that will develop into better national candidates! There are several young men and women new to public service who are beginning to make their mark as the serve us better than their predecessors. We most remove those who do nothing but collect pay checks, and replace them with those who will fight to uphold and strengthen the US Constitution, not override it or ignore it!
Current polls show third party option hits Romney.
We hold these truths to be self-evident:
- that all men are created equal
- that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights
- that among these right are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men,
deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed … PLEASE READ MORE