"life lessons", American Conservative, American Heroes, American history, American Interests, American Moral Character, American Morality, Conservative opinion, Military appreciation, spiritual, US Military Veterans
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” Hosea 4:6
“Our peculiar security is in the possession
of a written Constitution.
Let us not make it a blank paper by construction.”
Thomas Jefferson, letter to Wilson Nicholas, 1803
The Preamble to the US Constitution:
WHO? – We the People of the United States,
- in Order to form a more perfect Union, (establish a uniquely American culture, made up of a shared heritage and vision)
- establish Justice,(legal system)
- insure domestic Tranquility (peace within our borders),
- provide for the common defence(provide an adequate military force to defend our borders against ALL enemies, both foreign and domestic,)
- promote the general Welfare (enable commerce, build infrastructure – roads and bridges, provide general rules of safety, not give 50+% of the population Welfare!),
- and secure the Blessings of Liberty (What are these “Blessings of Liberty?”) to ourselves and our Posterity,
(This list defines the proposed function of our Federal Government as our Founding Fathers saw it!)
do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
And share it with your children,
your parents, your siblings,
your neighbors until once again,
has at least some idea
of what America is!