My favorite color is, and has always been YELLOW. Not just any yellow, either Butter Yellow! Now, it may come as a shock, but this is where the blog-sense (common sense in blog form) is found. I wear many other colors in addition to butter yellow! Yes, I wear sunflower yellow, lemon yellow, even sunshine yellow. Prepare yourself, I also wear reds, blues, greens, and white & black. In fact, the only colors I do not wear by choice are orange and brown, because they make me look … ill!
In addition, while my bedroom may be currently painted Butter Yellow, my great room is Energy Red, my bathroom is lilac …
Are you wondering yet, why I’m regaling you on colors? It is in rebuttal to the presumed accusation that I really do not like butter yellow at all. The fact that I wear other colors more often than butter yellow, and other rooms in my home are not butter yellow must mean butter yellow is not my favorite color. Right?
This is just as ludicrous as some of the campaign MUD being thrown, frankly, at each of the candidates. Most of it is completely out of context, and we know how the MSM twists and distorts the truth … or do we? Does it really matter to you what my favorite color is? Does it really matter to you what Santorum’s personal faith is? Do we care that Obama’s personal faith is Muslim, while we are at war … with radical Islam?
- Each of our 4 Candidates are FLAWED human beings!
- Each of our candidates has made mistakes! What I’m concerned about is why they did what they did, and do they man-up about it, dodge the issue, or blame someone else?
- Each of our candidates has said stupid things! Period! Look for patterns – REAL patterns, not MSM patterns.
More specifically, yes, I’m a Santorum supporter, and he, too, is not perfect! He made some bad choices in his career, and he has owned them. He also went-along-with-the-crowd on a few votes, as mentioned in THIS ARTICLE.
There has also been talk about his support for Medicare’s Part D, a worthy read!
While Gov. Romney has endured some ridicule and harassment for his Mormon faith, so now Santorum is undergoing the same ridicule and harassment because of his Christian/Catholic faith. This strikes me so strangely coming from many who frequently argue for FREE SPEECH. I guess that for everyone BUT people of faith?
Let me see if I can simplify the whole sex, contraception, abortion issue from Santorum’s perspective (and mine.)
1. The Bible teaches that sexual intercourse is reserved for consenting married (1 man + 1 woman) couples. People outside of marriage ought not participate in sexual activities, so contraception and abortion are unnecessary in all. Many do allow for the exceptions of the most difficult medical emergencies, incest or rape.
2. Catholic doctrine teaches that Life is precious, and God said to ‘be fruitful and multiply.’ Children are a blessing to the union. Therefore, the use of contraception goes against their beliefs, their consciences.
3. Since life is precious and Children are a blessing to the marriage, abortion is unacceptable on two fronts.
Now, people can agree or disagree with these beliefs, but that doesn’t negate their validity nor the right for Americans to choose to believe this way. This does NOT, however, mean that Santorum, if elected, would mandate Catholic beliefs or policies on these grounds.
Similar attacks have hit the other candidates – Truth mixed with lies or exaggerations which render them as falsehoods. While the past records of these candidates is important, let me close with a few final questions:
How closely would you want to be investigated?
Are your ideas and diplomacy the same in your life now
as they were 10 – 15 yrs ago, or have you matured?
This is why CHARACTER is important!
I don’t know about you, but I’m not looking forward to the coming MUDSTORM once the nominee is selected and the face-off begins with Obama! COMMON SENSE, please! Everything can’t be Butter Yellow!