The Orchestrated War on Women
It was the left-field debate question on contraception that left everyone wondering what George Stephanopoulos was up to. The issue mushroomed mysteriously and became an unimportant issue (really, nothing more than a distraction) in the Presidential campaign, particularly of Sen. Rick Santorum, whose socially Conservative stands caused juvenile journalists to repeatedly bombard him with these questions rather than the truly vital issues we face as a nation. Next came one Sandra Fluke … about whom we have all learned much too much! And it’s the REPUBLICANS attacking women???
Truly, it is time for BOTH political parties to redefine themselves or die, but when we hear Congressional Women degrading their own gender, by telling lie upon lie, it is time to do some investigation.
So my first question is: Is reproductive healthcare a right guaranteed under the Constitution?
Answer: NO! There is NO provision in the US Constitution for any healthcare mandate to the people.
So, uh, what’s going on then with all the hubbub over contraception and reproductive rights?
Answer: President Obama knows …
But the thing that astounds me the most is the glorifying of promiscuity among women as evidence of … FREEDOM? Really? I’m sorry, but that is a really whacked concept of FREEDOM! Of all the myriad issues, ideas, and evidences possible, this is the one the Liberals choose? Do we honestly believe the majority, or even a significant number of today’s American women think of Freedom in terms of sexual promiscuity? As far as I’m concerned, the government has no business in my bedroom … my kitchen … my livingroom … or any other room of MY house!
“Militant feminists have long considered progressive playwright George Bernard Shaw as one of their own. Perhaps Shaw is the only man of letters worthy of inclusion in the sisterhood of writers ranging from George Sand to Germaine Greer, Adrienne Rich, and Gloria Steinem.“Pygmalion‘s professor of phonetics, Henry Higgins, at first blush is the archetype of the dominant male manipulator of class-repressed women, using a man’s socio-economic ascendancy to transform a woman into his own image. But by the end of the play, Eliza, the flower-monger, has turned the tables, declaring her independence, having manipulated the good professor by taking from him only what she needed — the opportunity for the right time and place in asserting her own personality, intellect, and ambition.
“Feminist stage and screen critics have not been as kind to Lerner and Loewe’s My Fair Lady, the movie musical version of Pygmalion. L & L’s professor Higgins, portrayed to perfection by Rex Harrison, is vilified as a misogynist, a belittling and demeaning bully masquerading as a clever wit.
“In a tantalizing irony, My Fair Lady‘s most male chauvinistic interlude, “Why Can’t A Woman Be More Like A Man?”– wistfully chanted by Higgins to his pliant and agreeable pal Col Pickering — has been the ultimate ambition expropriated by feminists and their liberal brethren since Betty Friedan published her Feminine Mystique in 1963.
Why can’t a woman be more like a man?
Why do they do ev’rything their mothers do?
Why don’t they grow up- well, like their father instead?
“Initially, feminists demanded independence and equality in the pursuit of intellectual status and economic power. More recently, the feminist agenda has championed the sexual revolución, mainstreaming promiscuity as equal opportunity for women. Why should men enjoy indiscriminate sex with impunity, while women are unfairly oppressed and shackled to the realities of reproductive biology and its consequences? [re: Sandra Fluke & the contraception issue]
“Feminism and liberal progressivism have descended from aspirational socio-eco-politics, having secured suffrage and economic equality, into self-loathing rage against tyranny of the womb. Feminist partisans, now embedded throughout the Democrat Party, have seized medical technology and biochemistry to regulate ovaries and hormones in creating a hybrid species — females who want reproductive parity with men while denying biological reality and dismissing the traditions of the monogamous family. Democrats have made shameless shilling over sexual politics into an art form, relentlessly discouraging childbearing while relishing the destruction of the family unit, pressing their ideology against other women who are repelled by the fruits of the feminist elites’ revolución.“The War on Women is the sisterhood’s “War on the Womb.” The layers of sexual identity were confused when Freud described, rather crudely, the phenomenon of penis envy in pubescent girls. Whatever its defects, Freud’s theory at least tried to isolate the psychology of resentment when females first discover they’ve been dealt a genetic code that is missing something and also carries an “extra weight.” To wit, the 1993 collection of essays by Susan Bordo Unbearable Weight: Feminism, Western Culture, and the Body. That extra weight is the womb.
“We know the federal government is a willing and transparent facilitator in the War on the Womb. As widely reported, while appearing before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius brazenly argued that a reduction in U.S. pregnancies will offset the costs for employers and insurers as they comply with the new mandate requiring all health care plans to cover sterilizations, contraception, and abortifacient drugs. “The reduction in the number of pregnancies compensates for the cost of contraception,” and the estimated cost will go “down[,] not up.”
“The argument appears to be that population control, via an assault on the womb, is a cost measure, having nothing to do with convenience, lifestyle, power, or ideology.
“Feminists aren’t fools. They’re not about to give up their power over life now that they can regulate it using whatever means technology has available with no ethical restraints — while government mandates that someone else pay for exercsing this power.
“Sexual organs are a distraction. Biochemistry resolves such distractions, neutralizing ovaries, preventing its most crippling disease — called pregnancy — prescribing the perfect hormonal inequilibrium where self-absorption triumphs over life….. READ MORE
1) Republicans not only want to reduce women’s access to abortion care, they’re actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven’t yet. Shocker. [Redefine rape? yes, to include Muslim women]
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to “accuser.” But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain “victims.” [sounds like psycho-babble to me. "Victims" of rape are still victims - even if they try to change the language. They are victims first of rape then of the legal system, in most cases!]
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.) [The Bill proposes a re-definition of "justifiable homicide" to include physicians who provide abortions under prescribed conditions. The same bill also requires a 72 hour waiting period between counseling and an abortion procedure.]
4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids. [The current system rewards food-stamp dependent women per child, which encourages more mouths to feed instead of better adult living standards and responsibility. I know, it's probably racist in intent!]
5) In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life. [The call of her next of kin, spouse, or designated desicion maker - NOT the government!] ……….. read more
If parents would teach their little boys AND girls ….
- to love themselves as they are and appreciate their differences
- to respect their parents, their elders, and other people in authority
- to respect every human being the same
Maybe, just maybe American society might regain some balance, strength, and integrity!
*NOTE: All emphasis, either italics or bold lettering, is done by blogsensebybarb
** Please note that the website for “Top 10 Shocking Attacks…” is moveon.org, is but one agency of international financier George Soros, from which it has received millions of dollars. Soros, who calls the United States a danger to world peace and blames Israel for anti-Semitism, wants to subordinate the United States to the United Nations or some other international government.