Last week, I wrote a piece about Thomas Jefferson’s stand against Islam. He refused to bow to their threats. Today, I want to ask the American people – at least the choir to whom I usually sing – if we are planning to continue to bow to the conventional wisdom of the GOP?
The GOP says Romney is the most viable candidate to beat Obama because – well at one point they said it was because he is more moderate which, they believed, would attract more Independent voters. Not so! They and the liberal left, each for their own reasons, hype on mis-ques, and words out of context to construct false scenarios. They inspire FEAR! Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.” Do we dare?
Here is the conventional wisdom from inside the Republican hand-wringing class: Mitt Romney has money, organization and a growing sense in the GOP that he is our only hope against President Obama. Yet, he is an underperformer and can’t break through because of poor performances in front of live GOP audiences.
Rick Santorum has momentum and money coming in but not yet arrived (unless his super PAC has a sudden super donor), but he has to overcome a fear that he would lead us to certain defeat. The fear is that he would probably allow Republicans to take the Senate and keep the House but would lose easily to Obama.
Meanwhile, a consensus has developed that Newt Gingrich would lose so big in November that it would create a downdraft that would probably keep us from winning the Senate and could easily cost us the majority in the House. There is even talk of a convoluted bank-shot strategy in which donors help Gingrich, which dilutes Santorum’s support and thereby helps Romney. …..READ MORE HERE
It is this same “conventional wisdom” that gave us Bob Dole in 1996 and John McCain in 2008! It sure doesn’t seem to me this “wisdom” is terribly WISE!
Try Something NEW?
LET THE PEOPLE CHOOSE???
If the playing field was level, if each candidate had the exact same resources – finances, staff, organization, who do you think would be in front? As things are, Romney and Santorum are neck & neck with Romney’s victories exceptionally close, while Santorum’s were significant. Romney has out spent Santorum anywhere from 5:1 all the way up to 8:1. From his unsuccessful run in 2008, Romney also has pre-established organizational offices fully staffed while Santorum has to build as he goes … and STILL he is neck & neck fighting against all odds!
What Does that SAY?
It says RICK SANTORUM is the people’s choice, but the GOP is afraid of him because he doesn’t play by their rules. He doesn’t play behind closed doors. He TRUSTS the American people to make choices and handle information the party would like to keep secret.
It was the Character of Ronald Reagan that got him elected as the “Moral Majority” got behind him as the positive choice. Where is that MORAL MAJORITY today? Where are the Americans who understand the difference between Right and Wrong, Good and Evil and aren’t afraid to say so? Morality does NOT necessarily rely on a religious base. It is … or at least it once was, Common Sense, based and guided roughly by the 10 Commandments. Remember them? They’re really not so obtuse and out-dated as the Liberals would have us believe!
While Romney has worked bery hard to memorize and regurgitate the “conservative” agenda, the right words, the right phrases to use, Rick Santorum faces every speech, every event without notes or prompts.
- He KNOWS the words and phrases because he lives them everyday, and he has a doable plan for his First 100 Days in Office.
- He KNOWS how vital the sanctity of life is and how much work must still be done on behalf of those who cannot fight their own battle.
- He KNOWS we need to revise our tax code because he does his own taxes!
- He KNOWS healthcare insurance is a major concern, but OBAMACARE is NOT the solution!
- He KNOWS it is small businesses and blue-collar manufacturing that has sustained America this far, and that to regain our healthy economy, we need to revitalize the “Made in America” pride in small business and the manufacturing sector. He KNOWS the blue-collar workers’ issues because that’s where he grew up. He has lived the American Dream and worked his way from Butler, PA to a healthy income.
- He KNOWS America must back Israel against all odds, because no one else will, and because Israel, like America, seeks FREEDOM!
- He KNOWS the liberties and rights Americans own were “endowed” by our Creator – not by governments, not by a king, not by a group of elites, but by our Creator, and what God has given, let no man try to steal. He KNOWS our Constitutional Republic is unique in this aspect, that our Rights are endowed by our Creator.
So … if you truly WANT Romney, vote for him! BUT … if you dare, let’s have a Revolution party and rebel against the establishment, the GOP, the liberal left … if you dare go out on a limb for YOUR personal beliefs … oh, my friends, if WE DARE … Rick Santorum will beat Obama and WE will be the winners. We will regain our Nation!