America, what the heck do we want??? We have several choices available.
1. Do we want corrupt leaders so we can complain about their corruption or do we dare look for a man of real character?
2. Do we want socialism or do we dare reach to take back our liberty?
3. Do we want “nanny state” or do we dare stand on our own and re-learn self-reliance?
4. Do we want a man who says one thing but does another or a man who lives what he speaks?
5. Do we want leaders to tell us what’s good for us, to think for us, and make our decisions (incl medical) for us or do we dare to think for ourselves?
6. Are we ready to surrender our personal independence for the supposed good of the “collective,” or can we see through the smoky mirage to the oncoming cliff and realize we must make some serious choices?
What Do We Want?
Obama? – Corruption? – Morality?
It is still early in this primary process, but many of us have chosen our favorite. For those who have not, or for those who are on one or more fences, just thought I’d ask who among us actually believes that “Satan” (figurative or undefined evil) has grown in our nation over the past decades? NO! It is not all Obama’s responsibility, but neither has he – as leader of the Free World – done anything to counter the declining morality in our culture that infects education, business, Wall Street, security, and every other facet of our daily lives. Crime goes up, so does insurance, so do law suits, so do taxes to pay law enforcement officials. Like it or not, the availability of condoms and other forms of birth control have not diminished the number of un-wanted pregnancies, as we were told would happen last decade. In fact, the number of those unwanted pregnancies is actually up. Hm you don’t suppose Sen Santorum actually has a point?
There is a very sure breech in our nation between those who word toward some idea of “goodness” and those who seek only to build their own kingdoms. There certainly exists more than one idea of success in America, but it is becoming more common to shove aside “good” and “right” and simply go for it all … whatever that means!
Morality has been on a decline since the early 60′s.
- It is this failing morality that produces the corporate GREED decried on Wall Street.
- It is this failing morality that is at the root of the failing marriages and broken families in our nation.
- It is this failing morality that has left our children with no compass, no direction, and no hope.
- It is this failing morality that allows for gender confusion, for unwanted pregnancies, and increased street violence
- It is this failing morality that paves a way for a nation of lonely, angry people who grow weary fighting an uphill battle for a job with a livable wage.
Without a stable moral compass, life’s storms are able to toss us all over the place, to damage or destroy us.